1 1/2 cups frozen blackberries
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Serves 2. Per serving. 168 calories; 1 g saturated fat; 1 g unsaturated fat; 6 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbs; 109 mg sodium; 7 g protein; 6 g fiber
*I have tried this and it is so good! I am not a very big fan of blackberries but I really liked this! When we I tried this I was expecting something that was really bad, but it was so good!! Let me know if I like this!
This is a pretty cool activity, and you can do it with your family! The materials that you need you probably have laying around the house!!
- a shoe box
- any kind of styled wrapping paper
- markers or sharpies
- get some toilet paper rolls saved up
-So measure out some wrapping paper to fit around the box but it is still open
-Tape the wrapping in the inside of the box
-Stand the toilet paper rolls up inside the shoe box
– Now put the markers in the toilet paper rolls
-You now have a place for markers and sharpies!
**You can also use this for colored pencils, pens or anything else!
Slide is a pose that stretches your stomach and the front of your neck as well.
-So first start by sitting on the ground with your legs out in front of you
-Now lay on your back with your legs straight
-Put your arms on the ground and your palms should be facing the ground
-Now, arch your back so your belly is going to the sky
-Put the top of your head on the ground
-The back our head should try to touch your back
-If this hurts too much then keep working on it and if it still hurts don’t put your head so far back and just work up to being able to do that
-While doing this inhale 3 times and exhale 3 times
*Have fun while doing this and make sure that it does not hurt too much!
This is Butterfly pose. It’s called that because when you sit in this position your legs look kind of like butterflies. (Okay, I don’t really think they look like the wings of a butterfly, but nothing else makes sense)
So, to get into this position it’s fairly easy, and there are some adjustments you can make to make it easier or harder, based on how flexible and comfortable you are.
First, sit on the floor (or a rock) with your feet out in front of you. Make sure you are sitting up straight and looking straight ahead.
Now, bring in your left leg so that the bottom of your foot is facing the inside of your right knee. Only bring it in far enough so you are comfortable.
Next bring your right foot in so the soles of your feet are facing each other.
Now position your feet so the bottoms of them are touching each other. Make sure you are sitting up straight the whole time.
Take 5 deep breaths, making sure to count to 5 while you inhale, and 5 while you exhale. This keeps your breathing even and keeps you “centered.” You’ve heard people talking about being centered. Really, all it means is being present in the moment and not thinking about what you’re going to be doing with your friends later this afternoon. 🙂
Okay, now straighten out your legs and shake them out gently.
Repeat all these steps, in order, 3 times.
Orange Pecan French Toast
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/3 cup chopped pecans
12 slices french bread
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup 2% milk
3 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1 tablespoon confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, melted butter, and corn syrup. Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, and spread evenly. Sprinkle pecans over the sugar mixture. Arrange the bread slices in the bottom of the dish so they are in a snug single layer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, egg whites, and eggs. Pour this mixture over the bread, pressing on the bread slices to help absorb the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Remove the cover from the baking dish, and let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
What to do on family night! Going on a walk at night during the summer sounds kinda fun, doesn’t it! Wouldn’t it be more fun if you got to play eye spy! Try that when you go have family fun night next!!
Another idea is make scrapbook page of the summer with your family events! So get a piece of paper that is decorated in a way your whole family likes! Then during your summer vacation take some pictures with your family and get them printed out! Then either cut the out in straight lines or make them kinds crazy lines if you wanted! Make the page however you and your family want it to be decorated!
Another idea is to find a new recipe that your family loves and then make it (check out some of the recipes on this site)! After that watch a movie that you have or haven’t seen yet!
I hope you like these ideas!! Let me know how you spend your family night!
Here is one of my favorite poses, cause it feels so good when I do it! It stretches different parts, and flexes others.
Sit down on the ground and sit on your knees.
Now lay on your stomach. Make sure your palms are faced up and arms are straight by your side. Legs should be straight out behind you.
Now bring your hands to your shoulders and your palms should be facing the ground now and elbows should be bent.
Now push your upper body up. Your back should be arched.
Now release your head and let it fall backwards.
You don’t want your shoulders to be up push them down toward the ground! Don’t go too far that it hurts!
That’s it! That’s the Cobra. By practicing this pose you will stretch your stomach and your arms. You’ll feel the stretch, and you can just push yourself up as far as you can go. Then see…each time you do it you’ll be able to go a little farther each time!
You know how much fun it is to play on the playground, to run around with friends, and to crawl and climb around on all sorts of stuff? Well try out this really cool idea for having fun with your family. What about making your very own obstacle course? You can make it in a backyard, a front yard, even in the house, if it’s okay with your parents. 🙂
Imagine if your course had climbing and crawling obstacles, running and jumping ones, and things that would challenge even your parents! You can use chairs to make tunnels, use a ball to hold between your knees while you walk part of the course, or a jump rope to practice your skipping rope with. You can really use anything you have lying around the house! Hula hoops. Ladders. Rope. Chairs. Monkey bars. Swing set. Anything!
So get the ok from your mom and dad, and go create something fun to challenge your parents to tonight!
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips!!! What?!?!?!
How to make it! This is a simple recipe and it is healthy but also sweet!! WARNING: Make sure you have a parent to have you help you.!!
- 1 Fuji apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, put the kiwis, apple, strawberries, bananas, lime sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, cover it and it put it in the fridge to chill for about 20 min.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan to 375 degrees
- Cut the tortillas in triangles. Very, very carefully place the cut tortillas in the hot oil and cook for 2-4 min. Drain them on paper towels.
- Put the tortillas in a bag with the white sugar and cinnamon and shake so you can coat them.
- Serve the chips warm and the fruit salsa cold.
* The ingredients are in order of the directions.
I hope you enjoy!!
Recipe is from All Recipes! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fruit-Salsa-with-Cinnamon-Tortilla-Chips/Detail.aspx?evt19=1