1 1/2 cups frozen blackberries
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Serves 2. Per serving. 168 calories; 1 g saturated fat; 1 g unsaturated fat; 6 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbs; 109 mg sodium; 7 g protein; 6 g fiber
*I have tried this and it is so good! I am not a very big fan of blackberries but I really liked this! When we I tried this I was expecting something that was really bad, but it was so good!! Let me know if I like this!
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips!!! What?!?!?!
How to make it! This is a simple recipe and it is healthy but also sweet!! WARNING: Make sure you have a parent to have you help you.!!
- 1 Fuji apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, put the kiwis, apple, strawberries, bananas, lime sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, cover it and it put it in the fridge to chill for about 20 min.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan to 375 degrees
- Cut the tortillas in triangles. Very, very carefully place the cut tortillas in the hot oil and cook for 2-4 min. Drain them on paper towels.
- Put the tortillas in a bag with the white sugar and cinnamon and shake so you can coat them.
- Serve the chips warm and the fruit salsa cold.
* The ingredients are in order of the directions.
I hope you enjoy!!
Recipe is from All Recipes! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fruit-Salsa-with-Cinnamon-Tortilla-Chips/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
Here are the top 10 reasons to teach the children in your life yoga.
- Increase focus
- Help stay calm
- Relieves stress
- Makes kids healthy
- Develop team skills
- Overcome negative feelings
- Builds self-esteem
- Develops creativity
- Improves awareness
- It’s FUN!
Yoga is a great way for kids to do better in school, sports and at home. Stay tuned for more ways you can help the kids in your life learn to try yoga and to enjoy it!
Do you have any stories about yoga and kids, or how yoga has helped you? I’d love to hear them. Leave a comment here and I’ll be sure to respond.